Agenda and draft minutes

Licensing Committee - Tuesday, 23rd November, 2021 7.00 pm

Venue: Council Chamber

Contact: Committee Services 

Items
No. Item

8.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING pdf icon PDF 217 KB

The minutes of the meeting held on 1 June 2021 are attached for confirmation and signature as a current record.

Minutes:

The minutes of 1 June 2021 were agreed and confirmed and signed as a correct record.

9.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

To receive any apologies for absence from Members*.

 

*Note: Members are asked to email Committee Services in advance of the meeting as soon as they become aware they will be absent.

Minutes:

None received.

10.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

To declare disclosable pecuniary, and any other, interests*.

 

*Note: Members are asked to email Committee Services in advance of the meeting as soon as they become aware they may have an interest to declare.

Minutes:

None declared.

11.

CHAIRMAN ANNOUNCEMENTS

Minutes:

The Chairman introduced Emma Coles who has recently joined the Shared Licensing Service, and welcomed Andrew Wake to the meeting.

12.

DRAFT SHARED STATEMENT OF LICENSING POLICY pdf icon PDF 138 KB

The purpose of this report is to consider a new Shared Statement of Licensing Policy and to approve it for consultation.

 

RECOMMENDATION

 

1.    Licensing Committee is recommended to approve the draft Shared Statement of Licensing Policy, set out in Annex A to this report, for consultation and

 

2.    Authorise the Head of Place in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Regulatory to make minor alterations and typographical corrections to the document before it is published.

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Committee considered a new Shared Statement of Licensing Policy.

 

Members discussed

 

·       Point 8 with regard to any differences between Basingstoke and Fleet in the policy

·       Clarification there were no changes to the policy that applied to Hart previously

·       How the policy related to potential anti-social behaviour and criminality for Fleet Road.  Officers explained every application is considered on its own merits, but the policy has a section on expectations and if there are grounds for crime and disorder what will be expected. 

·       The opportunity to link the policy to the Council’s declaration of a Climate Emergency, to encourage businesses to think about how they run from a climate perspective.  It was agreed the Shared Licensing Service officer would speak to the Council’s climate change officer.

·       Confirmation of date policy must be renewed by, as renewable every five years.  Officers explained was due in 2021 and the revised timeline is for this to be in place to bring back to February 2022 committee meeting.

 

DECISION

 

Approved the draft Shared Statement of Licensing Policy for consultation, subject to reference to the Climate Change Emergency being added.

 

Authorised the Head of Place in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Regulatory to make minor alterations and typographical corrections to the document before it is published.

 

13.

TAXI AND PRIVATE HIRE POLICY: MANDATORY CARD PAYMENTS pdf icon PDF 139 KB

The purpose of this report is to consider an amendment to the Taxi and Private Hire Policy, relating to the mandatory card payment acceptance in licenced vehicles, following consultation with the public and responsible authorities.

 

RECOMMENDATION

Licensing Committee is recommended to:

 

1.    Approve the amendment to the Taxi and Private Hire policy relating to mandatory card payment acceptance in licenced vehicles; and

 

2.    Authorise the Head of Place in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Regulatory to make minor alterations and typographical corrections to the document before it is published.

 

 

Additional documents:

Minutes:

The Committee considered an amendment to the Taxi ad Private Hire Policy, relating to the mandatory card payment acceptance in licenced vehicles, following consultation with the public and responsible authorities.  Officers clarified an error in 3.1, the word ‘centre’ needs to be removed.  Members had identified some typing errors within the report which they will email to Shared Licensing Services.

 

Members discussed

 

·       Clarification that the requirement would relate to the vehicle licence condition, and not the driver

·       The timeline for agreement with regard to consultation timescales

·       That card machines will accept contactless payments

 

DECISION

 

Approved the amendment to the Taxi and Private Hire Policy relating to mandatory card payment acceptance in licensed vehicles.

 

Authorised the Head of Place in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Regulatory to make minor alterations and typographical corrections to the document before it is published.